Free School Meals & Milk
Free School Meals
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
Children who get any of the above benefits in their own right (ie they get benefits payments directly, instead of through a parent or guardian) can also get free school meals.
To apply for free school meals you can complete the online application form or call 03845 603 2200.
Universal Infant Free School Meals
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are entitled to receive a free school meal, regardless of income, in line with the Government’s Universal Infant Free School Meals initiative. There is no need to make an application to the Local Authority for parents of these children.
Milk is offered during the morning session to all pupils under five years old, and pupils entitled to free school meals, free of charge. Parents of all other pupils are offered to opportunity to purchase milk for their child through our milk provider, Cool Milk.
Further information can be found here